Frequently Asked Questions
Below are our most frequently asked questions. Please contact our department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 618-453-2354 for any further questions.
- What is required to teach in Illinois public schools?
- How do I earn a PEL?
- What is an ELIS account?
- What is a subsequent endorsement?
- How can I add an endorsement to my PEL?
- Can I teach in Illinois if I completed a teaching licensure program in another state?
- What area of licensure are in high demand?
- When I complete the program or an additional endorsement will SIU send my official transcripts to the Illinois State Board of Education for educator license purposes?
- Where can I go for information on job opportunities, state standards, recent legislative issues, and other educator license issues?
- Who should I contact if I have a question about licensure?